Celebrating over 40 years of Research, Training, and Policy Development
Vision and Mission
WORKPLACES that WORK.
Celebrating 40 years contributing to Workplaces that WORK.
To be the premier, innovative and cutting edge research, program development, policy, training and consultation institute committed to the dissemination of best practice that promotes work as an opportunity and fundamental right for all.
- Work as a fundamental right. Access to meaningful work is a fundamental right of all human beings and contributes to their self-efficacy, well-being, and financial independence.
- Evidence based practice. The best practices in the field are guided by scientific evidence. The Center’s research is applied directly to practice (R2P).
- Workforce development. The Center’s expertise lies in understanding the relationships among employer, employee, and where relevant, trade unions. We help the workforce and the workplace understand their interdependent relationship and build a balanced workplace.
- Strengths perspective. In accord with Social Work values, we believe that focusing on a person’s or an organization’s strengths is critical in promoting sustainable positive change.
- Systems approach to organizational change. Organizations and individuals exist as parts of complex systems that must be analyzed as a whole to understand problems fully and create sustainable solutions.